Brandon House Performing Cultural & Performing Arts Center is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization located in Little Rock, Arkansas. Brandon House’s mission is transforming lives through creative and performing arts! Programs are designed to promote the development of artistic skills and talents of underserved youth and young adults and to transform these skills into a creative economy. Brandon House is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, ethnicity, and disability.
The Media Specialist position is now available for immediate hire. This position calls for an individual who is adept and skilled in managing and administering content on various Brandon House social media platforms to build the Brandon House brand and promote awareness of BH programs, events and creative services.
- Seeking energetic media specialist who has the ability and experience to work with a diverse group of creatives in a multi-faceted creative arts organization to manage the content of all print, media contacts, and electronic communications including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, flyers, advertisements, website, promotional materials, and social media.
- A primary responsibility of the MS will be to create, schedule, publish, share, and measure the success of content across Brandon House’s social media channels, in addition to growing and nurturing our online communities and audiences through social media, maintenance of mailing lists, and email marketing.
- The MS is responsible for developing and implementing multi-layered marketing and digital strategies to fully leverage all aspects of BH’s brand in support of its mission.
- The MS plays a pivotal role in creating, publishing and sharing compelling posts and content across Brandon House social media platforms.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be a self-starter.
- The MS must have great time management and planning skills to provide support to marketing activities, BH programs and events in the event center.
- Maintain organization website to increase community awareness and improve volunteer recruitment by maintaining an updated website presence.
- Must be skilled in different software including: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Microsoft Office tools.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate the following abilities: ability to meet deadlines, attention to detail, critical creative thinking, decision making, handling criticism, multitasking, organizational skills, prioritizing, problem solving, teamwork, time management, and working independently
- The MS must have personal qualities of integrity and credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Brandon House’s mission of transforming lives through creative and performing arts! Must be BH-compatible with a commitment to being flexible, adaptable and versatile (FAV) having the ability to be a team player and willingness to work with different ethnic groups. Must be flexible to work during the evening and during weekend to capture weekend programming and production events.
- BA in Marketing or Digital Marketing, Web Design and Development desired; but will accept 2 to 3 years of work experiences in social media marketing, content management across various media platforms and website design and management.
- The MS position is full-time with salary aligned with experience and qualifications.
To apply: Before the COB Friday, December 30, 2022, email email@example.com an electronic resume, a cover letter that includes the following: 1) statement of why you are interested in working at Brandon House; 2) your experience in developing and implementing marketing and digital strategies; 3) your experience maintaining web and social media presence; and 4) software you are skilled in using. Submit 2 letters of recommendations, an unofficial copy of your transcript, and a press kit, media portfolio, and/or proof of production credits. If applicant meets qualifications, interviews will be set up immediately.
Brandon House Program Coordinator
Brandon House is accepting applications for the position of Program Coordinator with a closing date of December 30, 2022. The Coordinator will have primary responsibility for coordinating and implementing a variety of positive youth development programming that broadens creative abilities, support positive youth development, and promote cultural awareness of disconnected and opportunity youth by engaging youth in Brandon House’s Creative Education, Creative Career & Workforce Development, and Performing Arts Programs.
- Seeking a highly qualified, motivated and experienced individual to implement a new BH program called Fall In Deep who is skilled in producing outcomes associated with reducing youth crime, increasing positive youth engagement activities, and connecting disconnected youths to community resources that promote college awareness or opportunities for them to explore various trades, career skills building, military or entrepreneurship.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience promoting evidence-based and promising practices inclusive of academic enrichment, career skills training, life skills, social and emotional learning, mentoring support, health and wellness activities, youth entrepreneurship, and parent engagement.
- Have responsibility to expose school-age youth to arts-infused learning experiences as a way for youth to address their personal, academic, social and emotional development needs and to prepare them to build skills for life through arts-based enrichment activities.
- Will participate in team planning with mentors, volunteers, and interns to meet the goals and strategic direction of the new program.
- Will oversee the scheduling and coordination of program activities including the development of calendars,lesson plans, assessments and evaluation of the youth.
- The successful Coordinator must have excellent facilitation and communication skills to facilitate, lead and supervise small and large group activities with youth.
- The dynamic and energetic Coordinator plays a pivotal role in being a champion of change to effectively manage the implementation of new ideas for this new program with strong problem-solving and leadership skills and the ability to interact with people and youth of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
- The Coordinator must have personal qualities of integrity and credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Brandon House’s mission of transforming lives through creative and performing arts! Must be BH-compatible with a commitment to being flexible, adaptable and versatile (FAV) having the ability to be a team player and be a servant-leader to work flexible hours during the evening and during weekend programming.
- Bachelor of Arts in Teaching, Administration, Education or Communication desired; but will consider years of experiences in a community-based or classroom setting.
- The position is full-time and salary is aligned with experience and qualifications.
To apply: Before the COB Friday, December 30, 2022, email firstname.lastname@example.org an electronic resume or Vitae, a cover letter that includes the following: statement of why you are interested in working at Brandon House, description of your experiences in working with disconnected youth, promoting positive youth engagement activities and your experiences in serving in a coordinator’s role. Upload to the email@example.com email 2 letters of
recommendations, an unofficial copy of your transcript, and a press kit, media portfolio, and/or proof of production credits. If applicant meets qualifications, interviews will set up immediately for possible hiring date of January 16, 2023.
Brandon House Program Facilitator
Brandon House is accepting applications for the position of BH Facilitator with a closing date of December 30, 2022. The program facilitator will have primary responsibility for facilitating and teaching lessons in Brandon House’s ACT Out Theater & Drama Program using evidence-based and National Arts Standards. The BH Facilitator will engage youth in drama and theater as a way to express their feelings and motions for personal growth and development with activities inclusive of, but not limited to poetry, pantomime, puppetry, dance, music, improve, and comedy.
- Seeking highly motivated individual with a minimum of 4 years of theater/drama experience to assist in facilitating and implementing the ACT Out program to attract, retain, engage, develop and cultivate the high performing talents and skills of youth and young adults in the areas of theater, dance, drama, and performing arts.
- The dynamic and energetic facilitator plays a pivotal role in developing the creative talents of young people by teaching and training a range of theater and drama techniques ensuring that students are engaged, motivated, and inspired to develop their talents in a dynamic state-of-the-art productive performing arts learning environment.
- The individual will assume responsibility for growing and expanding the ACT Out Program through planned lessons, rehearsals and student performances.
- Must be BH-compatible with a commitment to being flexible, adaptable and versatile (FAV) having the ability to be a team player and be a servant-leader to work flexible hours during the evening and during weekend programming.
- Bachelor of Arts in Theater, Drama, and Education desired; but will consider expressed years of experiences in a theater or classroom setting. Will consider students at graduate or bachelor’s level who are interested in working in a community-based theater setting but have not completed degree requirements.
- The Program Facilitator’s position is a grant-funded contracted position and pays on a negotiated hourly rate.
To apply: Before the COB Friday, December 30, 2022 submit to firstname.lastname@example.org an electronic resume or Vitae, a cover letter that includes the following: statement of why you are interested in contracting for the ACT Out Program Facilitator position, description of your experiences in working with disconnected and opportunity ethnic youth in a theater and drama setting, and description of your teaching experiences in a theater/drama program or setting. Email email@example.com 2 letters of recommendations, an unofficial copy of your transcript, and a press kit, theater/drama/performance portfolio, and/or proof of production credits. If applicant meets qualifications, interviews will set up immediately. The ACT Out Program is offered as an afterschool
enrichment program activity with programming starting January 9, 2023.